What is Vibration Analysis?
Vibration Analysis is the process of monitoring the condition of equipment and machinery so that any significant change of operation is indicative of a potential developing failure. It allows corrective action to be taken when problems are minor and at an early stage. It is a major component of Predictive Maintenance.
The vibration signature not only provides information concerning the severity of a problem, but also points to the possible source, or root cause of the problem
Of all predictive technologies to measure the condition of equipment, vibration analysis contains the most information.
Purpose & Scope Of Vibration Analysis
- To detect potential faults of equipment, which left undetected or unattended could lead to catastrophic failure of equipment.
- Early detection of equipment problems to allow better scheduling of maintenance work performed on an as needed proactive basis versus emergency or crisis repair.
- To verify and assure equipment is running satisfactory and as required.
- To certify new and rebuilt equipment using industrial vibration standards to assure quality of operation.
- To analyze, store and trend data for the benefit of your organization.
Benefits Of Vibration Analysis
- Very early detection of potential faults (problems) of equipment.
- Will give you the root cause of a problem (unbalance, misalignment, looseness, bearings, Etc.)
- Less major maintenance – minor repairs vs. major catastrophic repairs.
- Assure long life of equipment.
- Assure quality operation standards.
- Assure satisfactory baseline of new or rebuilt equipment.